barba submarina

Thursday, May 03, 2007

My classmates' sites and blogs

I'm just visiting some of my classmates' sites. Here's what I like about some I've seen:
  • Ying-Ying - The layout of La Flute de Cherry is very easy to navigate, and I especially like the idea of using a personal site as a guidebook for a visitor to the city. It adds a nice personal touch, and allows your friends to experience the city from your perspective. Websites are uniquely suited to this sort of thing, since menus for different categories are instantly accesible from the homepage, and it doesn't require you to flip through countless pages. A lot of the links are not working, though. Might want to check on that.
  • Eva - This site is nicely put together, and very easy to navigate. I really like the homepage image, as well. The design works very well, it's simple, but comprehensive. Great use of the picture viewer, as well, for viewing the selection of student album cover work. I'm also impressed by the music technology program that Eva's developed at Brandeis. I'd love to do something similar!
  • Maria - This site is so beautifully designed- it's so clean and mod looking. I love the smoothly moving, minimalist aesthetic of the Flash animation. Great fonts, too. I particularly like the cursive font (or is that her signature?) that she utilizes for her name. Looks great, whatever it is. It's great the way the text appears gradually, with the picture coming up last. A lovely site, without being too slick. It would be great to see how this site develops in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home